Gutter guards are becoming increasingly popular in the home improvement industry. Many homeowners though are still reluctant to invest in them. For some, they are unsure if the benefits outweigh the expense. For others, they are simply unknowledgeable on how the systems work and the different options available. As professional contractors, it is our job to inform our customers on why gutter guards are a sound investment for their home.
Below are five reasons why homeowners should install gutter guards:
- Gutter guards prevent damage from water, ice, and debris. Clogged gutters can wreak havoc on a home. Not only can they lead to overflow and ice damming, there is also the potential for damage to the foundation, walls, and roof. Good quality guards strengthen the gutter system making it more able to withstand these harsh weather conditions.
- Gutter guards reduce the risk of injury from falling while cleaning the gutters. Without gutter guards, homeowners will have to make regular visits to the roof clearing the system of leaves and debris. Climbing a ladder up and down frequently during the process, there is a potential for a serious fall. Gutter guards eliminate the need for regular cleanings keeping the homeowner’s feet safely planted on the ground.
- Gutter guards save homeowners money. On average, homeowners spend around $150 to have their gutter system cleaned. If cleanings are done bi-annually as recommended, this simple task could cost over $300 per year. A gutter guard system eliminates this expense while also reducing additional costs for potential repairs from water damage and other common ailments of unprotected systems.
- Gutter guards protect against mosquito and wasp infestation. Debris-filled gutters are the perfect place for mosquitos, wasps, chipmunks, birds, and squirrels to call home. Once the system is infested, animals can chew through metal, create ice damming with their nests, or, in the case of wasps, swarm around the home’s exterior. To eliminate the problem, the homeowner will need to climb a ladder up to the gutters and remove the nest or hive. Gutter guards prevent critters from getting inside the system in the first place.
- Gutter guards increase a home’s property value. Homeowners are always looking for ways to invest in the home that will be beneficial when it comes time to list it on the market and gutter guards can be a great selling feature. Systems that come with an extended warranty offer even more value.
For most homeowners, the benefits of installing a quality gutter guard system far outweigh the cost. The key is to find a system that will complement each unique home. At GutterSupply.com, we have a large selection of gutter guard options to fit every need. To add further value, we are also offering 10% off during Fall. There is no better time than now to order all of your gutter guard supplies.To learn more about the quality products we offer or to become a registered contractor, visit our website at www.guttersupply.com.