If you’re a contractor interested in buying a gutter machine to provide additional services for home and business owners, it’s important to learn as much as you can about gutters and the machines used to fabricate them. Today’s portable gutter machines can create some of the highest-quality products in the world today, but only when you choose the right brands, the right materials, and the right accessories.
Accessories to Know About
There are numerous gutter machine accessories available today, and while some provide you with some extra functionality, others offer safety and protection. GutterSupply.com offers a variety of these and learning more about them can help you make better decisions for your business.
- Coil Cradles –Gutter machines come with a variety of accessories built right in. Most of today’s models have what is known as “spools” that are designed to hold coils of sheet metal as it comes unrolled and feeds into the machine. Not all vehicles are tall enough to fit these spools and some transport vehicles have height restrictions which is where coil cradles come in. Most coil cradles are designed to balance themselves and do not need to be mounted to the floor to be safe or effective, but they do have weight limits. Coil cradles offer a sustainable option by allowing you to purchase smaller coils when doing jobs with uncommon colors. The coil cradles can either sit on top of the machine or directly behind the machine. An advantage to the coil cradles is that are quite a bit easier to load as opposed to the spools which really require a fork lift.
- Gutter Machine Covers – Gutter machine covers serve a very important purpose by protecting your machine from the elements. They can be made from many types of materials, and the ones offered by GutterSupply.com come in a nice, heavy canvas. These prevent debris from entering the machine, where it could potentially cause a malfunction. They are available to fit 5”, 6”, and 5”/6” combo-sized machines, but not all covers fit all models. Be sure to check before you make your purchase.
- Gutter Machine Runout Stands – Gutter machines are quite large, so in an effort to keep them as compact and portable as possible, many features are not included and come as lightweight, portable accessories, instead. Runout stands are one of the most important accessories you can buy for two different reasons. They “catch” the newly-formed gutter as it exits the machine, preventing it from hitting the ground and keeping it pristine. These are also beneficial in reducing the amount of manpower required to operate a machine; without it, someone would need to feed the new gutter out of the machine to prevent damage.
- Transfer Bar Sets – Fully-loaded spools are incredibly heavy and difficult to move. A transfer bar set allows you to easily move loaded coil spools to another turnstile without the need for heavy lifting. This makes things safer for workers.
- Riser Pads – Though riser pads are optional, they serve an important purpose and should always be a part of your order. They lift the machine up to a comfortable working height, which makes it more ergonomic and safer for workers. You can find riser pads in a couple different sizes; some raise the machine an additional 6” to 9” while others raise it anywhere from 9” to 12”.
- Counter Length Controller and Specialty Controls – New Tech is known for its wide range of accessories, so should you choose to purchase a New Tech gutter machine, you might also want to consider their counter length controller and specialty control accessories. A counter length controller is designed to accurately measure the length of gutter being produced while the specialty controls allow an operator to run out material at a distance, which can save a great deal of time.
Gutter Machine Material Lists
Packaged gutter machines are incredibly convenient, but they are not always a one size fits all solution for every business. With GutterSupply.com’s convenient materials lists, you can build your own Ironman or New Tech gutter machine to fit your specific needs. Maybe you would like a machine mounted cradle instead of an upright and spool, or maybe you need to prop up your machine in your trailer with the use of some riser pads. No worries, our machine material lists will allow you to build your machine to your own unique specifications. You just pick the manufacturer and the size of the machine and our system will list all the parts and accessories available for that particular machine.
When buying accessories for a gutter machine, you should pay close attention to the brand name. Not all parts and accessories are universal. For example, a transfer bar set designed by New Tech will not likely fit an Ironman gutter machine and vice-versa.
Gutter machines are undeniably beneficial as they allow contractors to provide in-demand services at a low price. Choosing the right gutter machine is important, so before you do, make sure you consider all of the compatible accessories and whether these can benefit you, your company, your crew, or even homeowners. GutterSupply.com offers all the accessories you need along with sheet metal, gutters, and accessories to get the job done.