Well, there are plenty of reasons why. Those reasons include:
- Not having to worry about ice damming at the edge of the roof. This can cause any water from melted ice from escaping the roof. This can cause water damage and very expensive roof repairs.
- Having snow guards in various places on your roof can keep gutter damage from occurring. This is because you won’t have large amounts of snow accumulating on top of your gutter. Avalanches can also rip the gutter off of your house.
- If you have any lawn furniture or landscaping below, snow guards will keep those items from being damaged.
- If someone is standing outside of your home and snow begins to slip, this prevents that individual from becoming injured.
- Snow guards can reduce your home insurance bill. This is because liability is reduced significantly in the winter time.
- There are many styles that are available so that you can find snow guards that will match your home. They don’t have to stick out like a sore thumb.
As you can see, the advantages make it worth having snow guards on your home. The cost of a snow guard certainly don’t exceed the cost of what repairs would be, so it is important to take these preventative measures.