When choosing the right gutters for your home there is always one big decision to make: seams or no seams. Seamed gutters, often called sectional gutters, are formed using smaller sections of gutter joined and fastened together at their seams. Seamless gutters are constructed using a specialized gutter machine. A contractor will often form the gutters right on site. These long runs are then attached to the home with joints only located at the corners of the exterior.
Sectional gutters are appealing because they are less expensive and easier to install. They make for a quick DIY project even for the novice homeowner. Seamless gutters on the other hand require the use of a specialized machine and the assistance of an experienced contractor. While they are more expensive, they also offer many benefits to outweigh their increased cost.
Here are 5 benefits of a seamless gutter for your home:
1. Seamless gutters offer a perfect fit… every time. Because each seamless gutter system is custom-fashioned for each unique property, homeowners are guaranteed a perfect fit… every time. When gutters fit well, they function well. An expertly-crafted system will offer the performance you need.
2. Seamless gutters require little maintenance. Because seamless gutters have less joints, they don’t accumulate as much debris as sectional gutters do. They are also less attractive to little critters looking for a home. This all leads to less time spent cleaning and maintaining your seamless gutter system.
3. Seamless gutters experience fewer clogs & backups. The joints and seams of sectional gutters lead to one thing: clogs. They make the buildup of leaves, twigs and other debris inside the gutter much more problematic. When these blockages become too large the system is unable to flush out the water creating damaging backups.
4. Seamless gutters are less likely to leak. Anytime a gutter has a joint where two sections meet, there is the possibility of leakage problems. These joints can widen from each other. Holes can form. Rust can begin to take over. Seamless gutters have less joints and, therefore, less leaks and rust.
5. Seamless gutters offer lasting appeal & beauty. One big benefit of seamless gutters is the lasting beauty and appeal they provide to the home. Many find them more aesthetically appealing than sectional gutters. They are often constructed from aluminum but can also be made from copper and steel as well. Most can be painted to match the home’s exterior. Many also offer a baked-on enamel finish that lasts for years and never requires painting.
When choosing seamless gutters for your home, remember that you will need to enlist the help of a professional contractor. They will ensure your project receives the care and attention it deserves and you are left with a gutter system built to last.
As the industry’s leader in gutter supplies and accessories, GutterSupply.com offers the quality products you and your contractor need to get started. Beyond our extensive catalog, our website also offers all the resources and information necessary to learn more about the importance of finding the right gutters for your home.
If you have other questions about your next seamless gutter project or want to learn more about the products GutterSupply.com carries, visit us here or call 1-888-909-RAIN (7246).