When searching for the right material for your new gutter system, there are many options to choose from. Vinyl, steel, aluminum, copper. The list goes on and on. The best way to find the right solution for your unique application is by discovering more about what each has to offer. Aluminum is a popular gutter material considered to be one of the most universal choices. It offers many benefits that you should know about.
Here are 10 facts about Aluminum Gutters you should know:
1. Aluminum gutters are the most popular gutters on the market. The flexibility and reliability of aluminum makes it the most widely-used material for today’s gutters systems. Many consider it a universal option that fits well with most homes as well as commercial properties.
2. Aluminum gutters are lightweight. Aluminum is a great option for those looking for a lighter material for their gutter needs. They also tendto sag less than heavier steel.
3. Aluminum gutters are long-lasting. The typical aluminum gutter system will last about 20 years on average. While not a permanent solution, it does provide lasting results for a long period of time.
4. Aluminum gutters will never rust. If you are looking for a long-lasting gutter solution, aluminum may be a good option. Unlike steel, it will not rust or corrode over time.
5. Aluminum gutters are prone to dents. One concern people have about aluminum gutters is their tendency to dent. Although very large dents may affect their performance, small dents will have little to no impact on the functionality of the gutter system.
6. Aluminum gutters are easy to maintain. Want a low maintenance solution for your gutter needs? Consider aluminum. It is one of the easiest materials to care for when it comes to the gutters.
7. Aluminum gutters can be easily matched to a home. Most aluminum gutters come in many colors to match any home exterior. Their finish is often baked-on during the manufacturing process.
8. Aluminum gutters are available in different thicknesses and gauges. This allows users to create a custom solution based on individual needs as well as the climate in which they live.
9. Aluminum gutters can easily be made seamless. With nearly 70% of homeowners opting for seamless gutters, it is important to have a material that works well with this application. Aluminum is a great choice when running seamless gutters.
10. Aluminum gutters resist thinning. Aluminum stands up well to snow and hail making them less likely to thin. They also hold their own in extreme climates as well as more mild ones.
When you are ready to begin your next gutter project, GutterSupply.com is here to help. As an industry expert, we carry the highest quality aluminum gutters and accessories you will find anywhere online. Our catalog has a wide selection of gauges, colors and thicknesses to meet every need. To learn more about GutterSupply.com’s aluminum gutter products, contact our expert staff at 1-888-909-RAIN (7246). You can also view our large selection by browsing our online product catalog.