When searching for the right material for your new gutter system, there are many options to choose from. Vinyl, steel, aluminum, copper. The list goes on and on. The best way to find the right solution for your unique application is by discovering more about what each has to offer. Aluminum is a popular gutter material considered to be one of the most universal choices. It offers many benefits that you should know about.
Here are 10 facts about Aluminum Gutters you should know:
1. Aluminum gutters are the most popular gutters on the market. The flexibility and reliability of aluminum makes it the most widely-used material for today’s gutters systems. Many consider it a universal option that fits well with most homes as well as commercial properties.
2. Aluminum gutters are lightweight. Aluminum is a great option for those looking for a lighter material for their gutter needs. They also tendto sag less than heavier steel.
3. Aluminum gutters are long-lasting. The typical aluminum gutter system will last about 20 years on average. While not a permanent solution, it does provide lasting results for a long period of time.
4. Aluminum gutters will never rust. If you are looking for a long-lasting gutter solution, aluminum may be a good option. Unlike steel, it will not rust or corrode over time.
5. Aluminum gutters are prone to dents. One concern people have about aluminum gutters is their tendency to dent. Although very large dents may affect their performance, small dents will have little to no impact on the functionality of the gutter system.
6. Aluminum gutters are easy to maintain. Want a low maintenance solution for your gutter needs? Consider aluminum. It is one of the easiest materials to care for when it comes to the gutters.
7. Aluminum gutters can be easily matched to a home. Most aluminum gutters come in many colors to match any home exterior. Their finish is often baked-on during the manufacturing process.
8. Aluminum gutters are available in different thicknesses and gauges. This allows users to create a custom solution based on individual needs as well as the climate in which they live.
9. Aluminum gutters can easily be made seamless. With nearly 70% of homeowners opting for seamless gutters, it is important to have a material that works well with this application. Aluminum is a great choice when running seamless gutters.
10. Aluminum gutters resist thinning. Aluminum stands up well to snow and hail making them less likely to thin. They also hold their own in extreme climates as well as more mild ones.
When you are ready to begin your next gutter project, GutterSupply.com is here to help. As an industry expert, we carry the highest quality aluminum gutters and accessories you will find anywhere online. Our catalog has a wide selection of gauges, colors and thicknesses to meet every need. To learn more about GutterSupply.com’s aluminum gutter products, contact our expert staff at 1-888-909-RAIN (7246).
20 thoughts on “10 Things You Should Know About Aluminum Gutters”
Thickness of aluminum materials used in the gutters? .025? Is the lower the number thicker or is higher the number thicker?
The lower number for aluminum is thinner. ie .025 is thinner than .032.
what is the quietest gutter? I don’t want to hear rain drops all night after an evening rain.
We believe you may be referring to the downspout, instead of the gutter, where the drip, drip, drip of rain drops on metal can be quite annoying. One DIY tip is to secure a nylon rope in the outlet with gutter sealant and drop the rope down the downspout and out the elbow, securing the rope again at the bottom with the sealant. There is also a product on the market called the Downspout Silencer, which is basically a thin foam that is glued to the bend of the bottom elbow to prevent the tinging sound.
I love what you said about aluminum gutters’ thickness variance and how they can be custom built. I would say that aluminum gutters are a great option for those seeking to make affordable improvements to their home. My neighbor is in need of new gutters, so I’ll help him find a gutter service that can fulfill his needs.
I would not recommend gluing a rope to the outlet and running it down the downspout out the bottom. It might solve the dripping sound. But I would be more concerned about ice, leaves, and other debris getting hung up on the rope. And backing up the D.S. and gutter. Causing the gutter to overflow and the seam in back of the leader blows out. If either one of these things happen, the dripping sound will be the least of your problems. When you have water damage to your basement, foundation, soffit, facia, etc… I’ve been in the gutter business for 22 years. I’ve seen almost everything.
dear I want to buy the machines that makes gutters I am based in South Africa I want to buy the combo machine that makes 6/7 inches my contact number is 0767904053
Thank you for contacting us. A salesperson will reach out via email immediately.
Necesito coil para canaletas calibre 0.24 x16 inches c 50 ft color musket brown
50 ft color white gloss
Hola Jose! We do not carry that particular gauge. Our closet is .032 x 15″.
Is the painted coating for trim coil different in any way from gutter coil?
No, it is the same coating process as our gutter coil.
How much does it cost to fabricate a 10 ft bilt in gutter?
Hi Gina! It depends on the material being used, the size of the gutter and the cost per pound of the coil material you will be using. You can find all of the coil yields on our website by clicking on (or copying and pasting) this link: https://www.guttersupply.com/p/aluminum-gutter-coils and opening up the Coil Yields tab. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
How much does it cost to get a 10 ft built in gutter?
It depends on the size and metal. Please call us at 888-909-7246 and one of our reps will be happy to walk you through the process. Thank you for your interest in our products!
What would be the most common size for Ontario five or 6 inch trough/gutter and is a combination 5/6 machine have more troubles or failures Then a single size machine. Or is there any other disadvantages to having the combo 5 inch and 6 inch gutter machine rather than a single size.
Hi Tim! We are unsure of the most common size of gutter in Ontario. Best would be to do some market research. As for the combo gutter machines, they are built extremely well and they are very easy to change from one size to the other (takes about 20 to 30 minutes total). The 5″/6″ Combo gutter machines are our best sellers!
WHAT ARE THE PRICES OF ALUM. GUTTERS .019 , .027 AND .032 MM THICKNESS?
WHICH OF THE ABOVE THICKNESS IS MOST COMMON?
Hi Steven! All of our pricing can be found on our website. If you are a contractor, you can apply online as well and receive additional discounts on all of our products site wide. The most common thicknesses for Gutters are .027 and .032. We carry primarily .032. Please let us know if you have additional questions.